Serial entrepreneur and business strategist, Tiffany Largie shares how she transformed her life by deciding to stop thinking small. She has built three six-figure businesses, the last went from zero to doing roughly $2 Million in under four years. She did it all, as a single mom, by the age of 30 with no money, no capital … no magic bullet.
”I started my business to change my life, to create options for my family. Once I decided to stop thinking small, everything changed.” Tiffany Largie
At one point, Tiffany is a young ‘option-less’, single mom, struggling to feed her kids consistently. She couldn’t afford pre-school or childcare for her little girls with her job that paid $10.20/hour. She got fed up of being option-less and hungry. She grew tired of people telling her to stay in her lane. She turned her life around by resolving to stop thinking small.
”The mere concept of entrepreneurship, it had more possibilities than getting a job did. I could determine my own value and my ability to make whatever money I was worth.”Tiffany Largie
Key milestones in Tiffany’s road to success and financial freedom:
- Made a decision that no matter what, she was going to change things for her family
- Purchased a business book from Barnes and Nobles along the lines of top 100 businesses to start
- Started a basket business selling them door to door and for the first time in her life, she felt like she owned hope!
- She purchased an event management company on credit and turned it into a 6 figure business. This was a key milestone in her life, her confidence soared, she really plugged back into the universe and began to appreciate what was possible if she allowed herself to dream!
- She then ventured into an IT hardware business that also made 6 figures
- With the goal for freedom and scaling her business, she started a new venture from scratch in a new city that turned $2.5 MIL in revenue
Lessons from Tiffany’s story:
- Tiffany’s sense of humor and her ability to laugh at her misfortunes is definitely something to model
- Her mindset and resolve changed her life
- People need to be clear that 6 figures doesn’t mean that you’re taking home 6 figures, it just means that you can pay your bills consistently and start investing back in your business