Finding Freedom from Oppression with Fizz Shah – Part 1
In this interview on the Start Anew Show with Fizz Shah, we unfold her incredible journey of finding freedom. We are not talking about freedom to work from home or from the beach but freedom to be herself, to speak her mind and follow her dreams. This is the story of a young woman who spends the first 23 years of her life behind a veil, oppressed by her family and the society. She shares with us her story of how she breaks away from the shackles and finds freedom in a foreign land.
If you like the show, we would be so grateful if you would consider leaving the show a review in iTunes or Stitcher Radio (for Android/Windows users). A couple minutes of your time can help the show immensely! Thank YOU!
“You don’t have to accept your current reality as your ultimate reality. ” – Fizz Shah
Fizz Shah is an online entrepreneur and a fellow Londoner. She enjoys a life of freedom that our friends in America fondly refer to as the ‘laptop lifestyle’. She is the host of ‘I Have a Dream Show’ that you can find on YouTube and iTunes.
We talk about
- Being the daughter of a prominent royal family in the middle east
- Being trained and groomed to be a wife
“Women are considered temporary visitors of a home.” – Fizz Shah
- Being punished for giving birth to a daughter
- Arranged marriage & polygamy
- How motherhood awakened the courage of a lioness
“Giving life gave me life!” – Fizz Shah
- The perception that everything a woman says or does reflects on the men of her family
- How women are controlled in different ways in the East and the West
Click here for part 2 of this interview when Fizz Shah talks about the challenges and practicalities of starting anew in a foreign country, with an infant in her arms and nothing but a bag of clothes and a gold bracelet.